Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Impressing Others

One thing that all of us in some point in our lives get caught up doing is trying to impress someone. It could be your new boss, or a potential boyfriend, or a friend that you want on your side. I'm not saying it is wrong to want to look presentable, and to act on your best behavior. But when you go out of your way to impress someone, and you do things you wouldn't normally do, then it might be time to evaluate why you are trying to impress them.

In my vlog this week, I mentioned this sign. IT is a quote from Dr. Seuss that I love. It is just a great reminder of being yourself is important and if people are truly your friend, then they will accept you for who you are, along with your wacky quirks. For example, I love to dance around my dorm room, and my close friends find it fun to join in with me, even if we all can't dance. Your true friends aren't there to judge you, but accept you and all you qualities that make up you.




One of the Bible verse that I am working to remember is Galatians 1:10 which goes,
"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
I love this verse because it talks about how we can't go around pleasing man and trying to serve the Lord. If we are constantly trying to change who we are so that certain people will like us, then we are changing what God created in each one of us to do his will. God will put people in your life who respect you for who you are and those are the ones to hang around with, for it is when you are truly yourself, that is when you can accomplish God's will. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for making me just the way I am. Help me to surround myself with people who accept me for who you made me to be. Help me to do your will, and not trying to change who I am. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment