Saturday, January 7, 2017

Not Letting Flaws Stop Us

So last blog post I used Peter as an example of someone who was close to Jesus who over time changed to be one of the leaders of the first Church. As I mentioned last time, Peter wasn't perfect and Jesus was still able to use him for his plan.

Now if I was to ask each and everyone of you, what are your flaws, we could come up with a list a mile long. For me, I could come up with a list of improvements that I could make or change in my first video that I did that I didn't like. One thing for me is that when every I speak public, I find that I often say "so" in the beginning of my sentences. Below is a video from me recording my next video and me conversing with my mom after I got frustrated that I kept saying "so" as I talked.


We all struggle with this. We let the flaws get in our way. But what if we are letting our flaws get in the way of God's will. Just think, if Peter had let the fact that he betrayed Jesus three times stop him from following what God had for him, then where would the church be. When Jesus returned to Earth, he made sure he reminded what Peter's job was, which is fishing for people. Jesus stilled used Peter, and he can still use us.

So while it is important to recognized that we are not perfect, we can't let these flaws stop us. God can still use us, and we have to be willing to let hi plan play out in our lives.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for loving me despite my imperfections. Help me not to get focused on my flaws, but to instead focus on what makes me special in your eyes, and to follow your will you have planned for me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment