Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Material Wealth

So it is only the third week and I have already missed a week of doing my video blog. It is hard because it take some time to plan record and edit it that I am still getting used to. Thank you for being patient as I work out the kinks in this system.

So for today, since there isn't really a theme for the week, I want to talk about material wealth. Before we go on, I want to ask you a question. Lets say your house or wherever you live was burning down, and you could save only one item, what would you save? Or another question is that your computer is going to crash and before it does you can save only one file, what would that file be? 

On answering those questions, it may be easy to answer one and not the other, or it may be hard to answer both. Many of us want multiple things so it is hard to pick just one, or we try to cheat the system by placing multiple objects inside each other to count them as one. 

Now not many people's houses burn down, but living in an age of technology, we get computer crashes all the time. Sure there are ways to get data back, but there are times that you just lose data and it is gone forever. 

I had this happen to me over the past week where my hard drive crashed. At first I was devastated because so much was in that hard drive. But in the week since it happened, I found that I didn't even need most of what was on that hard drive, and I have been fine without those files. The reason for this is based of where we are placing our trust and hope in. 

A verse popped into my mind, Matthew 6:19-21 which goes, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 

If we find out treasures in the data files that we keep, then where will we turn to when they crash. That is why God tells us to put our hope in him, for that treasure we store up will never be damaged or destroyed. So take some time to think about what you can not live without, and reflect where your heart is, and how you can realign your focus to put your hope in God and not in the things of this world. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the materials that you give me Lord, but help me to not put my hope and trust in them but in you. Help me to realize that everything is your's and I am just borrowing for a short time what you give me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment