Saturday, August 13, 2016

Right Where I Need To Be-Part 3

Last semester when I was registering for classes, I had a complication which caused me to take a class during the summer. Now typically school during summer is a very depressing idea, but I don't think I would have wanted to take it at any other time. The class was called Diversity and Inequality. For most of the papers, we had to talk to people who were diverse. Growing up in a very diverse community, I was able to call my old high school friends and ask them the questions for the paper. The beautiful thing about this is that we were able to catch up after a year of college. It was interesting to see what they were doing in college and to hear about all the experiences that they had.

Another thing is that I was able to talk about what I was learning at where I worked. Getting other people's opinion on certain topics was interesting. One part of the class is to look at diversity and inequality from a Christian point of view. It was interesting to discuss these views with people from my work because not all of them are Christian. I feel like sometimes at Dordt, you tend to get one view on something, but with where I work, you got all these different points of view, and it creates great discussing. That is one thing I miss when I come to Dordt is all the discussions.

Lastly, after taking this class, I realized that I want to do an Independent Study for my honors college about this topic. I have room in my schedule, and I will have the whole semester to work on it. I am so glad that I took this course over the summer.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the schools that we have to  help us gain knowledge. Help me in all my studies, and to use them to further the Kingdom of God. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment