Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Right Where I Need To Be/ God's Timing

So this post is a transition from what I have been talking about into a new series about God's Timing

This summer I came home, and I worked once again at the AMC down the street. And just like last year, God placed in my life another person that he would use to draw me closer to him. His name is Marcus. He is such a caring individual, and a great guy to be around. He is also completely insane, but that is what makes him so much fun to be with.

Once we started talking more, I found myself praying and reading my Bible more, because I knew that this was a gift from God. This is how I showed God my appreciation of what he had done in my life. There are times in life where you just need people to talk to you aren't like you. I tried to talk to my Christian friends about my struggles, and most of the times they are helpful, but sometimes they just don't know what to say. I come home and talk to people who aren't Christians, and we talk, and they listen, and they have the particular experiences to help me with what I am going through. Then I compare what they say to what the Bible says, and that ends up bringing me closer to God.

For example, one conversation Marcus and I had one day was about dating. Everyone at work wants to know who is dating, and they always find it surprising that I haven't even been on a date. And it isn't always easy to be single, especially when you go to a college, where some of your peers are already married, and you can't even get a date. Marcus and I were talking about this and all the drama, and he says to count myself lucky that I haven't had to go through all the drama in high school. Then he said something that blew my mind. He said that one day I would find a guy who appreciates me to date. Just to hear him say that is something I will never forget. On reflecting on what he said, I remember the Bible verses about being thankful in every situation, no matter if I am single or dating. It also reminded me of all the times in the Bible that mentioned God's perfect will for me, and I need to be patient for it to be fulfilled.

Now to explain how God's timing fits into this. We had actually met last summer at work, and for the life of me, I can not remember him. Then this summer he comes up to me, and asked if I worked last summer. I said yes, and then we just started talking.  God has been working on this relationship since last summer, and he was waiting for the right time for it to begin to bloom. It reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3, which talks about how there is a time for everything under the sun. Last summer it was Adam who I talked to at work and hung out with outside of work. But God knew that Adam wouldn't return to AMC the following summer. So he started my relationship with Marcus because he knew that I would be drained from the school year, and I needed someone just to talk to and hang out with. God knew the character of Marcus and made our friendship bloom when the time was right.

It is amazing to think about how God knows everything that is going to happen, and that he is working it for the good of those who follow him. It is also important to realize that when God says wait, that something even better is coming later. God has everything under control even when we don't.

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for you timing and having me right where I need to be. Thank you for placing Marcus in my life, and I pray that you will bless him this upcoming school year and that you will draw him close so he can know you and your love.  Thank you for watching over me and orchestrating everything in my best interest. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment