Saturday, August 27, 2016

Christians Can Have Fun

I don't know why we have this idea in our head, that Christians are no fun sticks in the mud.  I mean people can justify it by all the rules that Christians have to follow, like don't steal, or lie, or murder. The thing is these rules were put there to show us how much we need a Savior, not to make our lives dull. We should try to obey the laws, but God wants us to be happy and to have a little fun in our lives. Ecclesiastes 8:15 says, "So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun." God does want us to have fun and he isn't trying to work us to death. God gave us a day to rest during the week, and he gave us friends and family to hang out with. We do have to be careful and watch what we say and do, but going to a cafe with your friends isn't a sin. Watching a movie with your boyfriend isn't a sin, you just have to be aware of the temptations there. Having fun doesn't equate to sin, you just have to be careful of the temptations present. So I will keep this post short, so that you can go out there and have a little fun today, instead of just listening to me blab. Also, tomorrow is Sunday, and liked I talked about in my last post, take this day to relax and connect with God.



Dear Heavenly Father,
I have this crazy idea in my head of what a "Christian life" should look like. I pray that you help me break down those ideas, so that I can see you for you, and how much you love me and how you do want me to have fun and to be glad Lord. Thank you for your love everyday, and that the love you have will encourage me to go and have fun, while I work for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment