Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Answered Prayers

I don't know how many of us realize this, but God is constantly watching out for us. I was in Colorado for Thanksgiving and I was planning to head back to Dordt on Monday. The thing was that there was a big storm heading that way Monday. The girls who I was riding with wanted to go back on Tuesday, but I didn't want to miss another day of school. God provided by giving me a ride that was leaving Sunday. My family and I are grateful, because I was back on campus before the storm hit. When it did come, I was able to bundle up in my dorm. I didn't have to worry about getting back in the snow. God provided me with a ride, and I didn't really ask for one. God knew how stressed out my family and I would be if I left later, and he provided me with a ride back on Sunday.
John 10:14a says, "I am a good shepherd. I know my own." God cares for us, like a shepherd cares for his sheep. He knows each one of us, down to the hairs on our head. He wants what is best for us, and he will provide only the very best for his sheep. I was going to settle with missing a day of school, and driving in the snow, but God had something else in mind for me. He knew that it would be better if I went on Sunday, and he provided a way. That is how awesome God is.




Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for only providing the very best for us. I know your will and plan for my life is better than I can imagine and I trust what you have in store for me. You are the shepherd, and I am your sheep. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment