Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Identity

I got this idea for a blog from an assignment we did in class. We took an online strengths test to tell us what we are good at. This is a short synopsis of what I learned about myself.

One big part of my identity is how I see myself with others. I don’t often talk, but I like to observe people. I like to know their strengths and weaknesses. I can often listen to their stories, even if it is on a topic I have no knowledge on. Over the summer, I worked at a movie theater and often on breaks, and when the theater wasn’t busy, people would come over and talk to me, and most the time I didn’t say a word, but they felt better to have someone listen to them. I also was able to quickly see in my co-workers what they were good at or what they liked doing, So I often would switch tasks with them so that they could do what they were good at, even if they didn’t ask me. This is reflected in my StrenghtsQuest report. My top two strengths are developer and individualization. Both of these talk about, looking for the best in people, and what makes them unique.
Another thing is that I am very creative. I love to paint and draw. I am good at photography, and I am learning how to take good video. I love to think differently and I love to approach problems I may have in a creative view, and it is often a view that most people overlook. I may not always be the best with words, but with pictures, and stories I find that I can get my point across. This is important, because when I am in a debate, or even just a conversation, I need to know how I approach a problem. By using this approach I can then, find the best ways that I can articulate my point so that the other people can understand where I am coming from.
I am a huge Star Wars fan. I originally grew up not wanting to watch the movies, but once I did with my dad, I was hooked. It has been a way for my family to bond. Even today, when a new episodes of Star Wars Rebels comes out, I call my family and we watch it live together. I now love to watch the TV shows, read the comics, and to read the books that are about the Star Wars universe. It amazes me that this universe is created and it fits so well together, and it makes me appreciate what God created more and more. In NISO this year, we are even playing music from Star Wars, and it has been a blast so far as well as a challenge. I can tell you anything about the Jedi Order, and the Sith Lords and the universe as a whole. I am super excited for the Episode IIV to come out. I even painted a lightsaber duel on canvas that is now hanging above my desk in my dorm, and I often get distracted by admiring it. One thing that I also love to do is tie Star Wars back to my faith. Going off the every square inch theme from Kuyper, God is even using Star Wars to bring glory to Him, and I love looking for it.

God gave each and everyone of us ur own identities. When we understand what they are, we can then be better equipped to use them to glorify God. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for our individual identites and gifts. I pray that I can use them for your glory God. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment