Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Someone's Superman


So recently, I have falling in love with Daughtry’s song “Waiting for Superman.” It is an amazing song, about a girl waiting for a guy to swoop in and rescue her. The video is also very well done. For those of you who haven’t seen the video, I suggest that you go watch it before reading on. Daughtry-Waiting For Superman The video shows how one guy is persistent in doing good, even though everyone around him doesn’t see it that way.

I hear this song and I watch the video, and I think about my actions in life. Am I that superman for somebody who needs me. In the video, the guy tries to be helpful on three different accounts and every time is intentions were taken the wrong way. Instead of the people he help say thank you, they turned and yelled at him, and even the cops got involved in one case. But even with all of this, he is still willing to help. If you were to think on your life, would you be able to do that. I probably would get discouraged after the first attempt, not even willing to help again. Many of us get discouraged if we don’t get the gratitude we think we deserve. The thing is the God calls us to love even when we aren’t loved back. Luke 6:32-35 says,

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.”

God called us to love those and help those who may not repay us with gratitude. In the end, God knows what you did, and he will reward you in heaven, a reward much greater than a thank you. And who knows, you might stumble on one person in your mist of helping people who really appreciate your help, like in the video, who ran after the man to give him a hug as he walked away. There are people who will thank you, for you were their superman at the right time, but you can’t just look at a person and know. You actually have to help people, and some might be grateful, and some might not. But it is what God has called us to do.

 

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for all that you have done for me, and for all the people you have placed in my life to help me. I pray that I am a willing servant who will go out to serve the people who need help, regardless of f they will thank me for it or not. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment