Saturday, November 21, 2015

First Snow

Yesterday was the first snow at Dordt College. It was cold and windy while the snow was falling, but at night, the snow sparkled and glistened under the street lights. I love snow, and how it blankets the Earth.
As I was looking out the window of my dorm this morning, I realized something. The imperfections on the ground was gone. Out of my window, there a huge land of grass for playing on. It gets so much use that there were dirt patches where the grass doesn’t grow. There are patches torn up from shoes that run across the grass. But once the snow fell, all the imperfections couldn’t be seen any more. All you can see is a blanket of white snow, fresh and untouched. Many of us who have grown up in the church know that Jesus washed us white as snow. (Isaiah 1:18) The fresh blanket of snow is how he sees you. He knows the imperfections that you have, but he chooses to see us clean and as pure as snow. So next time you have a snow fall, take some time to admire the fresh blanket of snow around you.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for loving me and seeing me as perfect, and not focused on my imperfections. Help me to see myself the way you see me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment