Saturday, October 31, 2015

I Know What's Gonna Happen

When I started to watch Boy Meets World, I was already watching season 2 of Girl Meets World. So when Cory and Topanga broke up, I knew that eventually they had to get back together. When Shawn ran away, or when Shawn and Cory fought, I knew that their friendship would last. It was little things like this, that when the show first aired, viewers didn't know what was going to happen unless they were to watch the episodes that follow. As a viewer who has watched Girl Meets World, there were insights that I knew that the characters didn't. I was looking in to their world, and I already know what was going to happen, and I could see the bigger picture, when the characters couldn't.

The same thing happens between us and God. We are the characters, and we can't see the bigger picture of what is happening, and we can't see that every thing is going to be okay. God on the other hand, is looking down from above, and while he see each individual struggle we go through, he also sees how this fits in the bigger picture. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." When ever we are in a struggle, and we can't see the other side, know that God has a plan for this that is good. God can see the bigger picture, and while life may seem like a downer now, in the grand scheme of things, it will all work out. We just have to trust God in his plan, for he is the one that can see the plan laid out, while we only get pieces

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for knowing my life and knowing how everything is going to fit together. When I go through the storms in my life, help me to lean on you and your understanding that you already see how it will all play out. Amen. 


NOTE: There will not be a post next Wednesday, and the explanation for that will come in Saturday's post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment