Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Family

Sorry that I didn't post on Saturday. My family came up for the weekend to visit, and I was so preoccupied with them, that I didn't have time to write a blog. But it does lead in nicely to what I plan to talk about today.

In Boy Meets World, a huge part of the show is this idea of family. Family is some place that you can turn to in times of need. They are a safe place for you to turn to. The show also talks about how family is more than just blood. Shawn Hunter was always a part of Cory Matthews family even through they weren't related by blood. The Matthews cared for Shawn, gave him a place to stay in times of need, and they were always there for him to protect him. Family is there for you in times of need.

The same concept can be applied to our Christian family. As Christians, we are not related by blood. However, the Christian family is there for you in times of need. The family is there to "encourage one another and build one another up." (1 Thessalonians 5:11) In Ecclesiastics 4:9 it talks about how 2 are better than one. There is someone there to support and encourage you. The Christian family is all about being there for one another.

Also as a part of this family, you have a father in heaven you will always love you. He will listen to you, and will be there right beside you the whole step of the way. Even if your earthly father may have failed you, God is there to be your father. He wants to love you, and he wants to call you his child, and bring you into this amazing family that will encourage you. Family, isn't always about blood, but it is about being there for one another.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for adopting me into your family. Help me to encourage my brothers and sisters, and help me to receive encouragement as well. Thank you for your fatherly love and always being there no matter how far I try to run away. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment