Saturday, September 19, 2015

Song Break Down - Right Here

I haven't heard of Ashes Remain before, but they kept coming up on my Pandora, and then I found a video that I loved that was to their song. I am actually going to write about the song that was used in the video, "Right Here." When I first heard this song, I couldn't help but get emotional because it speaks so much truth in it. The song “Right Here” talks about that no matter how much your life is changing, God’s love is always constant and he is always by your side.
The first verse of the song sets up nicely that we all struggle in life. We break down and cry because of the scars and the brokenness. We become fearful for we don’t know what is up ahead of us. The first verse goes: “I can see every tear you've cried / like an ocean in your eyes / All the pain and the scars have left you cold / I can see all the fears you face / through a storm that never goes away / Don’t believe all the lies that you’ve been told” God sees the pain you are going through, and he understands it because he was here on Earth and he dealt with pain, betrayal, you name it, he faced it. He understands all the pain that you are going through, and he can see all the hurt that the storm is creating for you. This happen suddenly and our lives can change in an instant and God understands that and the pain that comes with it.
The second verse, however, shows us God’s love for us. The last line of the second verse is “Let me love you when you come undone.” God wants to love you, and the song describes some of the ways he demonstrates his love: “I will show you the way back home / never leave you all alone / I will stay until the morning comes / I’ll show you how to live again / and heal the brokenness within” He wants to guide you back home. He wants to stay with you until the storm clears. He wants you to live your life, and not be chained to the brokenness. He is willing and waiting to do all this for you, but you have to let him. I know that it is difficult when everything else is changing to put you trust in God, but no matter the situation, he still wants to love on you.
Now the chorus is my favorite part. “I’ll be right here now / to hold you when the sky falls down / I will always / be the One who took your place / When the rain falls / I won’t let go / I’ll be right here” I love it because there is so much truth in there and there is verses in the Bible to back it up. My favorite part is “I will always / be the One who took your place” because he is the only one who can take your sins away, which is what he did on the cross. John 19:30 says, “When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” When Jesus died, all you sins were taken from you. Jesus said that it is finished, because he took away all your sins, and replaced it with his love which is never changing. Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” God always loves you, and there is nothing that can change his love for it is always constant. And finally Hebrews 13:5b says, “For he has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’” God love is never changing, and he is never leaving your side. The words “right here” have a connotation of being in closeness to an object. By God being “right here” he is close to you, and he is never going to leave that closeness, no matter how much your life changes or how far you try to push him away.  
God loves you, and he wants to love you through the storms in your life. There is a line in the bridge that I love: “reach for my hand.” You have the choice to take God’s love or not, but know that all you have to do is reach out to him, for he is right there ready to love on you. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for always being right beside me during the storms in my life. I know that I can always reach out to you and you will be there. Thank you for you constant love and forgiveness. Amen. 

Audio Video
Right Here

No comments:

Post a Comment