Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Short Note

So far college is going great for me. Dordt College is an amazing college, and I enjoy all my classes. I am still however, still trying to get adjusted to college life, and that includes when I will write my post for my blog. For example, the time where I had roughly planned to write my blog, I instead got invited to go to a karaoke party with some of the girls from my hall. So some of my posts are going to be short for a while as I get use to finding the time and the words to say what I want in my blog, and I say thanks now for your patience.
One thing that I have noticed at Dordt so far, is how they hold every degree program up to a standard of serving the Lord. Many people think that the only way to serve the Lord through work is by being a pastor or a missionary, but Dordt focuses on everyone bringing glory to God no matter what major you are. Colossians 3:23 came to mind as we talk about this, and it says, "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." This verse talks about how we are to work for the Lord in whatever we do, it doesn't matter if we are a pastor or a janitor. 
This is just an interesting topic to think about, because we all can glorify the Lord in a way that is unique to us. I plan on going more in depth on this topic in the future, as well as talking about how to glorify God in my specific major. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
You have called each and everyone of us to a specific vocation and we each have a different skill set. I pray that I can use the skills you have given me to glorify you in all that we do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment