Saturday, August 15, 2015

We Can All Relate-Identity

The first topic that I want to talk about is identity. As we all grow up, we question who we are, and who we are meant to be. This can be a really confusion process. When I look back at my journal, I have many poems about identity I have attempted to write. Many of them talk about the confusion I have in trying to figure out who I am, and what I am going to do when I grow up. God knows that we will struggle in finding out who we are, so he made sure there were verses in the Bible to help us out. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." God knows all that you are going to do when you get older, and all you need to do is trust him, because he has amazing things for your future. 

Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” God knows every detail of you, and he made you to be you. There is nothing you need to change about yourself, because God made you to be you, and he doesn't make mistakes.

John 1:12 "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." You are God's child. This means that you are loved, and cherished, and that you are accepted into a new family. 

These are only a few verses on this topic. If you want to find out more on identity, leave a comment and I would love to talk to you more on this topic, because we all go through a life trying to figure out who we are. God made you to be you, and there is nothing that you need to change.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for making me that way you made me. I know that there are no mistakes in the way that you made me, and that I was made for a purpose. As I struggle to find out who I am, I pray that you will show me how you see me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment