Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Art Work- Over the Blackness

I took my inspiration for this piece from Colton Dixon's song "Limitless." I know that at first look, it isn't the most uplifting piece of art work, until you connect the lyrics from the song with the picture. The bridge of the song goes:

Doubt sees a mountain, no way around it.
Faith sees a victory, no doubt about it.
Fear sees a ceiling,
Hope sees the stars,
Love be the light inside of our hearts.

The darkness in the painting with the huge dark mountains is the doubt that is in our way. There is a glimmer of hope in the sun behind the mountains, representing the hope we have in God. There is also a part that you can't see, but there is a hole in the back of the canvas where I have placed lyrics, poems, ect, back there to give me encouragement when I feel down. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the hope that you give us in our times of doubt. I want to believe each day that I can overcome my doubts with you, and the hope that you give. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment