Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Let the Fun Begin

Finally classes have begun at my school, and like all the classes that I have taken at high school, it is all about attitude. We all have classes that we have to do, and classes that we may not particularly like. The thing is that our attitude plays a huge part in how you will do. I know that I have talked about this before, but with each new school year we get a new set of classes, and we need to reset our attitude for the school year. There are so many people who actually dread the school year, that it is very unusual for someone to be excited for school. I was having a conversation with a close friend of mine the other day and we were talking about our classes when I told him that I was in the honors program at my school, and he commented on hard that sounded. When I told him how excited I was for that class, he said, and I quote, that I was "silly." We are living in a culture where there are few people excited about school, and there aren't that many more people who have any sort of positive outlook on school. It is just something that we have to do in our lives, and we let opportunities pass us by.

Trust me I know how hard school is. There are days where I don't want to wake up and go to school. When I have those days, Colossians 3:23 come to mind which goes, "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men" The Lord has great plans for each and everyone of us. He wants us to learn and grow into he made us to be. But when we put in a half-hearted attempt, we are missing the grand things God has in mind for us. I have had so many opportunities at high school, and now in college, and sure not every class may not be fun, but it is a way to grow and to become more knowledgeable servants for God. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunities to learn and to grow. I pray that during this school year  that you will come along beside me and help me with my studies. Thank you for the amazing teachers, and for the time that is set aside just to learn. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment