Saturday, September 6, 2014

Thirty Sayings of the Wise-Saying #8

If you have read Proverbs, you would find that in the middle of Proverbs there is a section "Thirty Sayings of the Wise." These start at Proverbs 22:17 and go through Proverbs 24:22. I have read all thirty sayings and they are really good, and I encourage you to take some time to read them for yourself. I have chosen a couple that I connected to and ones that I thought would make a good post. Today, I chose to talk about saying #8 which goes,
"Do not wear yourself out to get rich;
do not trust your own cleverness. 
cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings 
and fly off to the sky like an eagle"
I chose this one because I feel like we all struggle with this. We think that if we work hard enough than we can get all the money that we want, or if we buy enough lottery tickets, than eventually we will win. Riches could also be how smart you are, or how popular you are among you friends. These riches will fade away faster than you achieved them. They are just temporary things of this world.
I love this saying, because it describe how the riches will "fly off to the sky like an eagle." That imagery is amazing to think about. Below I have a picture that I drew of the riches, in this case,the dollar, euro, and yen, flying away from us. When you think about it, money doesn't choose who it would rather stay with. The money as no attachment to one person, so it can easily be gone in a flash. 

Money is not the thing that we should worry about, that is God's job. He is able to give you everything you need, and that includes your finances. We may go through some hard times with money, but we go through hard times in other parts in our lives, and God still takes care of us and gives us our needs. We need to be focusing on sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, and there are many ways to do that in which no money is needed. Just going up to someone who is by themselves, and just start making conversation is a free way to share God's love and Jesus Christ. Sure you could donate money, or items that you buy, but that is not the only way to make a difference. There are many ways to make a difference in just our schools that doesn't take a lot of money.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please help me Lord to not fall in love with money. I trust you to take care of my finances, whether it is how I am going to pay for college, or how I am going to donate to help out someone else. Thank you Lord for the money I do have, and help me to use it for your glory Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment