Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Just Jump

Many of us have heard James 2:17 which goes, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." We know that we are to live like Christ, but when it comes to actually doing it, we stumble and fall. We don't want to put ourselves out there so we keep to ourselves. Many of us know what to do, and we can see the hurt, we just don't do it. We feel comfortable in our little space and we don't want to leave. I face this everyday, and more and more I am breaking out of my comfort zones. To help me do this I imagine this image. 
You are on top of this cliff. You have worked hard to get up to the top, by growing closer to God in your faith. But know you need to use your faith and just jump into action. You are on this cliff, and you want to be down where the action is. To get there you need to jump. The thing is many of us, pace around on the top of this cliff, trying to decide what to do and coming up with excuses. Many of us are afraid that if we do jump, that we will fall flat on our face, but God has you. God is always with you. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” When God tells you to do something in your life, and you decide to go for it, God is right beside you. For when you jump, your faith grows bigger, and you are able to show your faith through action. It may be scary to jump, and it may feel like you are free falling for a long time, but God is with you and you are reaching out to a broken world that needs the love of God.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I know that you tell me to do things to show my faith with my actions, and I don't often do them. Please help me to jump into everything you tell me to do without looking back. For you are always with me, and I can only grow in my faith every time I jump. Thanks for you love you freely give me Lord, and help me to show that love through the actions that I do. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment