Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Broken Perfection- Part One

Lets be totally honest for a second. We all have some part of ourselves that we would want to change. For me it is my inability to speak my mind. There are so many times when I want to say whats on my mind, but I don't talk loud enough or with enough passion to speak. I normally get shut down when I try. We each have something that we want to change. And sometimes our lives can look like this.


No matter how hard you try you don't look like the model in the magazines. You aren't the smartest person in your class, and to be honest you grades stink. Or you have gone through so many broken relationships, that it seems like you can never be loved. You life can look like a pile of everything that is wrong, or everything that you failed at. You are probably wonder why God made you with all of these mistakes. Are you just an after thought that God forgot to finish you, because everywhere you look, everyone is perfect but you.
But God doesn't see you like that. He has a completely different image of who you are. 


God sees all of your mistakes and failures as perfection. Matthew 5:48 says, "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Farther is perfect." Everyone of us is an image barrier as it says in Genesis 26a, "Then God said, 'Let us make man kind in our image, in our likeness.'" God created us to represent Him, and because God is perfect, we must be perfect. Now for some of us that is a little hard for us to wrap our heads around. But think of it this way, Jesus died for our sins, and because He did, God can see us as perfect. Jesus is the filter that makes us perfect. We will continue to mess up, but that is because there is sin in the world. The sin of this world makes us broken, but God's love is what makes us perfect. So now what image do you see yourself as, Image 1 or Image 2?

1 comment:

  1. Before I knew God I was Image 1 but God opened my eyes and revealed to me how wonderfully made I was. I love your article. I hope a lot of girls will know how perfectly beautiful they are :) Please do follow my blog as I share my journey with God. Thanks

    ReplyDelete