Saturday, January 4, 2014

Faith Like a Child

This Christmas, I was cleaning out my bedroom, and I found these crafts that I started but I never finished. They are simple little crafts designed for kids. Even though it was a little young for me, I still enjoyed doing them. When I finished them I was so proud of myself. Sure they were for children, but being a child every once and a while can be a good thing. Like when it comes to our faith. Luke 8:17 "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
So what does it mean to receive the kingdom of God like a child? It doesn't mean that you should throw a little fit every time something doesn't go your way, but you are instead to trust God with everything. If you can remember when you were young, every time your parents wanted to take you somewhere, you went. You may not have know where you were going, or what to expect when you get there, but you still went. Most of the time, you didn't have a choice, you just went. You may have thrown a fit trying to get out of it, but in the end you still went. That is the trust we need to have with God. He may want you to go somewhere, that you may not want to go. You can try to throw a fit, but you don't have a matter in this choice. And while you are throwing your fit, there may be something that you miss, that might be important. But when we receive the kingdom of God like a child, we have the trust to follow God, and when we do, great things can come out of it. But you never know if you don't go.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the number of mistakes yesterday. I was working on my new tablet and things didn't go so well. I hope that I have fixed all my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete