Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Semester Review

The semester is finally over, and I didn't do as well in my classes as I would have hoped for. But let me say that I'm fine with it, for I know that this is a part of God's will for my life.
Many of you are probably asking how I can be happy about not getting the grades that I want. But thinking about it know, God doesn't care about grades. Grades are a thing that the world has made. The world tells you how good you are by how well you are compared to other people. Well God has a different view. Romans 12:2b says, "Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is --- His good, pleasing, and perfect will." God has a perfect will for our lives, but to us it can seem so imperfect. The thing is that we are only looking at a snapshot of our lives. As the Casting Crown song goes, "One day I'll stand before you and look back on the life I lived / I can't wait to enjoy the views and see how all the pieces fit." All of this will make sense one day, but that day is not today. I just have to keep waiting to see God's will for my life. And God's will isn't affected by what the world thinks of me, or how I compare to other people, because in the end, anything is possible with God.
If this would have happened last year, I don't think I would have reacted the same way. I was still growing. But as I have grown, I found these verses in Jeremiah that I love. The verses are in chapter 17, verses 7-8 which says, "But blessed is the one who trust in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heats come; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Over this past year, I have grown to trust God more and more, which grows my roots. And as my roots have grown, I start being a light to people who are in the darkness. God waited until my roots were strong enough, so that when this came, I could stand strong in God and not waiver.
Another note on this topic too, is that it is not God's fault. It's not because He doesn't like you or that you aren't as good as the person sitting next to you, it is because sin entered the world. What I find inspirational is Job verses 1:21-22 which says, "'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.' In all of this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing." Everything was taken from Job but not once did he blame God. And because of that, Job didn't sin, and for that he got a reward. Learning from Job's example, I'm not going to charge God for wrongdoing with my grades, because God is faithful and He is all we need.
And the last thing to remember is that we are suppose to rejoice in everything. Philippians 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" I have a lot of things to rejoice about. For example, before Christmas, God told me that I would get two new bible this season. The first thing I thought of was, "Why do I need two bibles? I just need a smaller one to take to school that fits in my backpack easily." The next thing I know, I have a digital bible on my tablet, and a pocket bible to take to school. God said that He will give me two bibles and He did. Everything might not be going your way, but it is going the way God planned it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment