Saturday, December 21, 2013

Song Break Down-Thrive

This song is from Casting Crowns new album "Thrive". Casting Crowns just released the lyric video to this song Wednesday, so I really have no reference about the song except for the lyrics. This post is going to be my own interpretation of this song.
First of all, the part of the song that stuck out to me was the bridge. Ever since I heard it, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. The lyrics are, "Joy unspeakable / Faith unsinkable / Love unstoppable / Anything is possible." When I think about the bridge I envision people chanting this and every time they get louder and louder. The bridge also reminds me of a verse that goes, "For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37) Anything we ever have dream of is possible with God. In the post, "Stumbling" I talked about how my math grade was dropping and how I got an F on a test. So for this test, I prayed and I studied as hard as I could. On the day of the test, I prayed before I did each problem. I just wanted an A on my test to raise my grade. And I got my test grade back two days ago , and I got an A. I thought it was impossible for me to every get an A on a Calculus test, but with prayer, God made what I thought was impossible, possible. Anything with God is possible.
I also love the message of the song. We were not made to just survive, but we were made to thrive. We aren't suppose to go through our days, just going with the current. Some one told me this quote that I love and it goes, "Most men die at 27, but we bury them at 72." When we grow up and we fall into a routine, we stop living and we just float through life. As the song says, "Here in this worn and weary land / Where many of dreams have died." When we let go of our dreams, then we have nothing to work towards so we end up floating through life. But with God's love we have something to continually work for. The song continues with, "Like a tree planted by the water / We never will run dry." God will continually poor into you, if you seek him. Psalms 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" If we don't know God's word then we don't know what path to follow. But if we know God's word, then God will reveal Himself and His plan for us. THen we will have something to work towards.

Here is Casting Crowns lyric video that they just released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ71RWJhS_M

This is my last post of the series "Song Break Down." I prayed that you enjoyed it and it help you get deeper into the songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment