Saturday, December 14, 2013

Song Break Down-Set Me Free

This is another song that I just discovered recently, and I love how powerful it is. Even the music in the background has a powerful feel to it. This song to me is just a release.Just knowing I'm free from my sins is very refreshing to be reminded of day to day. The first verse is powerful, which goes, "It hasn't always been this way / I remember brighter days " This is the point where you can't go any farther on your own, and you need Jesus to make it through the day. Then you have the end of the first verse, which goes, "Set me free of the chains holding me / Is anybody out there hearing me? / Set me free" This is when you feel hopeless and you just want a way out. You can barely stand on your own two feet and you are just looking for a little bit of light in the otherwise black and dark world.
Ephesians 2:1-2, 4-5 says "As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient... But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive in Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions--it is by grace you are saved." This verse talks about how we were dead in our sins, but God made us alive by sending Jesus to die for us. We were locked up in chains that bound us that the devil placed around us, but when we accept a relationship with Jesus, Jesus breaks those chains that were holding us.

There is one line in the song that I like the best, so I drew a picture of that one line. It is a basic black background, with Jesus being the light in the darkness. And you have to admit, it is really hard to miss. And while this post was really short, take time to listen to the song, and think about what chains are still binding you, and ask Jesus to take them off. Remember, it is by God's grace that we are saved.



No comments:

Post a Comment