Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rainbows

It is really comforting to know that I can always fall back on God's promises. One of His promises He made, is that He will never destroy the Earth with a flood again. In Genesis, God floods the earth, and after the land dried off He made a promises with Noah, the one who built the ark. God made this promise in Genesis 9:12-15 which says, "And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the Earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the Earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life." It is comforting to know that God always remembers his promises. Now every time it rains and I see a rainbow in the sky, it makes the storm so much better.

Source:
True Images Bible. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2007. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment