Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Determination

Determination is a nice skill to have. Whether it is determination to get through school, or two hours of skating. This past week I went skating with my church I used to go to. I had to rent skates because we sold mine, and instead of getting inline skates I got regular skates with the wheels in the box shape. I haven't skated in these for a while so I wasn't good nor fast. I also couldn't turn without pushing off the walls. Then I fell really hard and peeled skin off my knee. But I got back up and by the end of the night, I was able to turn and go faster than when I started.
This is just one example of determination, but it often appears everyday. You could be determined to get through the school day, or determined to get through field hockey practice, but determination doesn't come easy. It is a skill you have to build and practice. But it is possible and the rewards at the end are worth it. I ended up having  fun time skating, once I got into the hang of it. I didn't quit and I ended up skating. So think this week of what you need a little more determination in so that you won't end up quitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment