Saturday, June 8, 2013

Giving

There are some things in life that we would love to do or have, but when you willingly give it up, there are amazing things that could come from it. This weekend, my brother and his "girlfriend's" family were going to have dinner at this fancy Japanese restaurant. I was going to go and try it. Our church recognizes the people going on a missions trip, the weekend before they leave. So my Mom said that if I would rather go to church, then she would take me to my favorite restaurant in return. That way it wouldn't feel awkward, and it would save my parents some money. So I willingly gave something up, and in return God blessed me by letting me go to Sweet Tomatoes.
In Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. In good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." When you give up something to someone else who needs it, then God will give you an equal amount in return. It may not always be cash of material items, but something greater that you need like a vacation, or a trip to your favorite restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment