Saturday, January 12, 2013

Testimony

Everyone has their own testimony.  A testimony is the story of ones life.  It can be as big or a small as you want it to be.  And each has equal value because they are someone special story.  For example, if someone overcame drugs or physical abuse, their testimony isn't more important or meaningful than someone who might have overcome a bad grade.

My favorite part of my testimony is about how one ring brought me closer to God.  Last Christmas I got a ring in my stocking.  It was silver and it had my name engraved in it.  I wore it all day but I had it on my pinkie finger because I didn't want to take my other ring off. My pinkie finger was really small so the ring kept falling off. My mom told me over and over again to put it on my ring finger. That night when I went to bed, I realized I lost my ring!  I started freaking out because I just lost a gift that I had just gotten that same day.  I started praying that I could find it and that my parents wouldn't find out.  I prayed for about five minutes and when I finished, I felt calm.  Just then, my brother walked into my room and he handed me my ring that he found under the Christmas tree.  I was so relieved!  From then on, I never forgot how God was there for me when I needed him.  What I'm trying to say is that our testimonies are all different but yours belongs to only you.  So what is YOUR testimony?

No comments:

Post a Comment