Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Role Play

I believe that diversity is an important element in society.  God made everyone for a purpose in this world and to do that, He made each of us different with our own gifts and talents.  If we were all the same and we all did the same thing, nothing would get done and life would be pretty boring.  This is the reason that every person has a different ability, whether it be art, music, athletics.  Mother Teresa once said, "I can do something you can't do. You can do something I can't do.  Together, let's do something beautiful for God".   Together, with our own skills, we can create something beautiful for God.  For example, any big music artist -Casting Crowns, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers - needs fans to make a living.  But not everyone can be a talented singer.  We can be the fan that makes them successful, though!  Without fans, they wouldn't have jobs.
As a society, we shouldn't judge people on their appearance, religious beliefs, race or sexual orientation, but on their gifts and behaviors. If someone came up to me and asked, "If I could eat lunch with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?" I would say Martin Luther King Jr. for what he did to stand up for blacks. He was able to lead a peaceful march in Washington D.C. where he had his famous "I Have A Dream Speech" Mr. King had hope for the blacks and that they were all here for a reason. Mr. King stood up for all the blacks that couldn't and for that I admire him.

I feel that the Casting Crowns song, "Every Man", describes how even though every one is different and we each have a different road to take, that there is hope for everyone.  Click on the link and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCx5t-GamwY


I also drew a picture of my representation of the song to help provide a visual:

Source:   "Every Man Lyrics." Youtube. AmyRosetheEchidna123, 8 Sept. 2008. Web. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCx5t-GamwY>.


No comments:

Post a Comment