Saturday, January 26, 2013

Comfort Zone

Have you ever had a feeling, where it feels like you are being pushed to do something and you don't know what it is. This feeling is God pushing you to do something. Most of the time he is forcing you out of your comfort zone. I have had this feeling recently. I was on my off period, and I needed to go make up an English test, to help raise my grade. For an hour I had an internal fight about if I should do it or not. That day was my only chance to take the test. The thing stopping me was my fears. I am afraid of walking in the hallways during class, because I don't want to get in trouble, even if I'm doing nothing wrong. I also don't like going up to people and asking them questions. After an hour, I got up and signed off of the computer. I started to walk out but then I stopped myself, and walked back to the computer. I just couldn't bring myself to walk in the halls alone. I could feel God saying that I needed to go but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I then turned on K-Love, my favorite radio station, and the first song I heard was "Whom Shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin. The title says it all. Then the next song was "The Motions" by Matthew West. The song is about getting out there and not just floating through life. To me it was God telling me to go make up my English test and not hide in the Library. I took my test and it raised my grade.
God will push us out of comfort zone for our own good. I had to walk the halls and talk to a teacher for the test, and it benefited me in the end. So next time God is asking you to step out of your comfort zone, I suggest that you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment