Saturday, June 27, 2015

Rooted- The Transplant

So the past couple of posts have been how to be rooted where you are. Today's post will be about staying rooted as you move from where you are to where you are going. Since this whole time we have been using an example of a tree, I'm going to continue with the steps that it takes to transplant a tree. There are four steps: establish a new location, prune, dig up, plant.

Location, Location, Location- Before you move, you need to establish a location on where you are going to move. You need to consider if this place has what you need to survive, whatever that may look like. It may be a place with a lot of people because you are social, or a place with lots of space because you like nature and being outdoors. Whatever you need in this new town to remain rooted in your faith, makes sure that it is going to be there when you move. 

The Trim-Pruning is all about cutting back in your life, taking out the unnecessary to make the move easier. This could be bad habits that you have or bad relationships that needs to end. That is what God is doing when he tests us. Psalm 139:23-24 says, "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." By pruning the unnecessary, we are working on the way God planned for us, and it helps us to stay rooted in our faith.

The Dig- This is the painful part. There is a lot that can go wrong during the dig, and it hurts to be moved from once place to another. A key is to keep the roots. We all have our roots established by now, and when we are physically moving we need to keep those roots in one piece, so that when we are planted, we can start to grow and still remain strong. 

Planted- You did it! You have made it to your new home. There might be some damage, but you can still be strong in your new home, and confident in who you are in God.

This is a process I know, and it isn't always easy. But know that God is always with you. Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" God is there and ready to help you, you just need to rely on him. 

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for always being with us through the good and the difficult. I pray that this will be a smooth transition between where I am and where I am going. I pray that you will keep me strong during the move, and I pray that I remain rooted in you, like a tree planted by the water. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment