Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Be Still

The world that we live in today is fast paced with all the technology that we have, and how we have the ability to spread news faster than before with internet and social media. With the fast paced life that we are living, we tend to miss out on what God has for us. We are always on the go, that it is rare to find to to just sit still. There is a verse that I like, Job 6:24, that talks about how important silence is. "Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray." Now if you have been to school, you know that the teacher can not teach you if you are talking and making noise, because your focus is placed somewhere else besides on the teacherThe same concept applies to God. He wants to teach us and to help us grow, but if we are continuously distracted by the things of this world, and if we keep running around like chickens with our heads cut off, then we don't have the opportunities to learn from God. So I challenge you to slow down this week, and just find time to sit still and be quiet, and try to listen to what God has to teach you. For I know that you won't immediately get a response from God, but when you are silent, you are allowing God to work in your life, and maybe work in ways you never through of before. My life has been crazy busy the past month with everything I need to do to graduate, as well as finding a job, and still trying to keep up with my school work. But when I do find that time to be still, I can find strength to keep going, and sometimes, God teaches me where my mistakes have been, and what I can do to move forward. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for wanting to teach us even if we are bad students from time to time. Help me to find time in my life where I can sit and listen to you, to learn more about who you are, and who you made me to be. Thank you for your love and patience. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment