Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Telling the Truth

So today I am going to touch on a topic that we all deal with. Telling the truth. Now we all know that lying is when you don't tell someone the truth when they ask you. And most of us have found out the hard way, that those lies often get exposed. The Bible even warns us about this in Proverbs 12:19 which goes "Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but only for a moment." This verse talks about how our lies will be expose at some point. There is another part to lying, and that is not telling someone the truth even if they didn't ask. Most the time something happens and we don't tell anyone because what they don't know can't hurt them. The thing is that these lies also get exposed too.
I know a lot on this topic because I just went through something like this. A couple weeks ago I backed into someone's car, and while there was only damage to my car, the person in the other car was mad. On the way home I told my brother not to tell our parents. Well yesterday my mom and brother and I were talking and he told how I backed into another car. Now my parents were not mad that I backed into someone on accident, my dad even laughed a little when we told him, but they were mad that we hid it from them. When we lie we hurt the people who are affected by it. It may be hard to tell the truth but that's better than being exposed and losing the trust of the other person.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for forgiving us every time that we lie. Please help us to have courage in the moment to tell the truth, so that we don't hurt others more when the lie is exposed. Thank you for your forgiveness and the forgiveness of others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment