Saturday, August 9, 2014

Messed Up Schedule

As school is starting up again, many of us are excited to receive our schedules. We love to compare classes with friends to see who is in our class, and if we have the same lunches as our friends. But we don't always get the classes that we want, or we get people in our classes that we don't necessarily like. We feel in these moments that God is either out to get us, or he totally forgot about us. Trust me, I didn't get any orchestra class last year, and I was mad at the school counselors, and I was mad at God. I have a close friend now who doesn't have any band class, and she was randomly placed into a marketing class. She is really mad about her schedule. We all don't get everything that we want, and we get really upset, and we blame God. But God is doing this for a purpose, believe it or not. Read the two verses below.
Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
There is a theme in both of these verses. God has a plan for all of our lives, and that plan is for the good for people who love him. At the moment, you may be in pain because of all that is happening, but in the long haul you will gain benefit from it. 
I want to show you how my pain of not getting an orchestra class, was used to glorify God. So around this time last year, I wrote two posts. One was called "Future", and the other one was called "Dancing With Jesus." Both were written within a month of each other. In "Future" I used the verse Jeremiah 29:11. The thing is, at this point in my blog, most of my posts were short, and they didn't go in-depth. "Dancing with Jesus" was the first real time, where I wrote a long, in-depth post, and I believe that it is one of my best posts to date. After that posts, my other post got longer and more in-depth, and that helped make my blog better. This wouldn't have happened if I got my orchestra class like I wanted. At the time I was in tears, in my basement crying out to God, but he used that to help me grow, and to glorify him. 
So you may not have gotten, the classes that you want, or the people that you want in your classes, but take time to see what God can do with your brokenness. God can do a number of things with someone who surrender all they have, and they admit that God's plan is better than our own. Below are the links to both of the post I mention. I would love it if you would read both of them, especially the "Dancing with Jesus."  

Future
http://thekaitlynshow.blogspot.com/2013/08/dancing-with-jesus.html

Dear Heavenly Father
I want so much in my life that it is hard to accept the fact that you may not always give us what we want. I thank you for giving us what we need. I know that it hurts right now, but know that you have a plan for all of this is worth the wait. You have something spectacular planned with my life, and even though it may not always match up with my plans, I know your plans are better. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment