Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Doctor Is In

I can see it,
The disease.
It has affected my school,
My sports team,
My neighborhood.

The disease is strong,
Holding people captive,
A force against their will.
They didn’t ask for it,
It was given to them a birth,
For they were born a sinner.

Who is the doctor that can save them?

This doctor is Jesus.
This disease is sin.
The cure is faith.
Jesus has said,
“It is not the healthy who need a doctor,
But the sick.”
“For I have not come to call the righteous,
But sinners.”

But most will never find the doctor.
Their eyes are blind,
 “But small is the gate
And narrow the road
That leads to life,
And only few find it.”

And for us?
For we are cured,
For we have faith in what Jesus has done.
We are the guides,
Leading people to the gate,
Where the doctor awaits them.




Verse used in order: Matthew 9:12b, Matthew9:13b, Matthew 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment