Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Why

Many of us have heard the saying, "Bad things happen to good people." And it is true. Things can happen in our lives, that we don't plan or want, that can change the world that we have created for ourselves.  For example, my dad was driving to work in his jeep and he slipped on some black ice. He lost control, went up onto the grass, hit a tree, and took out a power box. Now Dad wasn't seriously hurt, but the jeep is totaled. When he called us saying he wrecked, Mom started to panic so she took my brother and I to school, because she didn't want me to wreck on black ice too. And because my car wasn't at school, mom had to pick me up on my off period to take me home. For that day, our whole world was shaken. God lets things happen in our lives for certain reasons. Romans 8:28 says "And we know all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose." Now standing here today, I don't know what God's purpose was for wrecking the jeep. If you ask different people, they will say for different reasons, but I know that God is going to use this in our lives, and we just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment