Saturday, October 19, 2013

AHHHH!!!

There are some times in our lives, when things get overwhelming. Between school, work, sports, friends, we hardly ever get a chance to catch our breaths.It is always go, go, go, do, do, do it is hard to get our bearings. I know for me, life feels like a game of catch-up in math. Math is my strongest subject, but I keep bombing tests. I know the teacher says not to pay attention to the grades, because the test are harder on the AP test. I know he purposefully makes the tests hard, but it hurts when people have way higher grades then me.  It gnaws at me because my math grade is low for me. I know the church answers, "You shouldn't find your identity in anything else but God," and "God made you perfect," but it hurts when you try to follow the church answers, and you come up short. And yes I know, "We will all fall short of God's mark," but sometimes people through phrases around that I have heard a billion times doesn't make me feel better.
So after math, I had digital arts which is using a computer for an hour and a half. The first thing I did was look at my email, and I saw K-Love's Encouraging Word of the Day which was Psalms 46:10 which says, "Be still, and know that I am God." Then I went to Pandora, which is what I normally do during digital arts, and clicked on Casting Crowns Radio, and the first song was "Everyman" by Casting Crowns which is my favorite song of all time. I immediately felt relaxed, because I felt God's presences in the room. After that song ending, other songs came on like "Set me Free" by Casting Crowns,  "In and out of Time" by Colton Dixion, and  "Yours to Hold" by Skillet. I was still, and I listen to God.
I know that sometimes throwing words at a person doesn't help them feel better. But if you sit still and let God throw himself at you, it really helps. God wants to help you, but with our busy lives, we don't allow time for God to help us. So take sometime out of your day, and just listen for God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment