Wednesday, October 9, 2013

God's Will

During our lives, I bet many of us feel like we are going in circles. It feels like day after day, you do the same thing, and you make the same mistakes, and you weren't any farther then you were before.  It's like you are stuck on repeat and there is no way to turn it off. We often wonder why God would let us walk around in circles, day after day. I know that I often feel like He was busy with someone else, so He put me on a circular track so I can't run away. So I typed in on my Google search bar "Bible verses about God's will." The first thing that came up was yahoo answers with 10 bible verses about God's will. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of the ones that stuck out to me.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you.' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope.'" Now I have heard this verse over and over again, but every time I didn't get the true meaning of it. I don't know the exact definitions of "welfare" and "calamity" So I looked them up and I found...
-Welfare is the health, happiness, and fortunes of a person.
-Calamity is an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress.
When you put these definitions into the verse it says "plans for health, happiness, and fortune and not for sudden damage or distress." Now realizing that God wants me to be happy, and healthy and have a fortune shows how much God loves me.
All of us might go through some small thing in life that we don't like, but that is apart of God's plan to bring happiness, health, and fortune to us. This is how we are given hope because all God wants for us is what's best. So it may feel like you are just going in circles, or even backwards, but we can have hope for that God has plans for welfare and not calamity, so that we are given hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment