Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanks Giving

As I write this, it is nearing Thanksgiving and most of us know that this is a day for giving thanks.  I wonder how sincere we are when we give thanks?  I know for myself that all my life I have had a planned speech; "Thank you for my house, my family, for food, and clothes."  I also know every year when I say that, I'm not being very sincere.  I have so much to be thankful for, but rather than be thoughtful and sincere about it, I just get by on the bare minimum.  Our Thanksgiving food is always delicious - so I want to get to it faster!

This Thanksgiving, I challenge you to be sincere in your thanks.  You might want to thoughtfully write a list of everything you are thankful for in the days or weeks before.  To help you get started, here are some of the things that I'm thankful for and have put on my list:

-I am thankful for Jesus dying on the cross for my sins so that I can live with my Heavenly Father for eternity.

-I am thankful for my family; my mom, my dad, my younger brother, my dog, Dexter, my cat, Whiskers, and my fluffy fur ball of a cat, Oreo.

-I am thankful for music and my ability to play an instrument, sing and dance.  I find that it is fun to play, fun to sing and dance to, and just an escape from the world.

Keep these Bible verses in mind over the Thanksgiving holiday:

"Lord, you have assigned me my portion of the cup. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surly I have a delightful inheritance.  I will praise the Lord, who consuls me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalms 16: 5-9)"

Source:
True Images Bible. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2007. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment