Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fasting

Fasting is an important element in Christianity.   It is also something some health-minded people do in a variety of ways - juice fasts and such.  For Christians, though, fasting means going without something for a period of time during which you reflect and focus on God and pray.  Most of the time people fast from food, but there are other things you can do to fast in other areas of your life.  Over the past week, I decided to fast from my Mp3 players (I have three of them). During this time, I noticed how much I rely on my Mp3 players for entertainment and relaxation and how much I missed having them in life.  Without my Mp3 players, though, I connected more with my family and friends.  I also met up with some old friends from elementry school during this time.  I read my Bible more when I was in my room instead of dancing to Justin Bieber.  Over all, the one week that I fasted from my Mp3 players was one of the best weeks I have ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment