Saturday, September 23, 2017

What is My Why? Background Info

Before I go into the story that I am going to tell that relates to the topic of which I am focusing on, it is important to know some of the background history. The story that i am talking about is my decision to fight to continue to go to Dordt for another year. But to understand the struggle now it is important to understand the reasons behind why I chose this school.

When I was looking at colleges, my top two ended up being between Morningside and Dordt. Both were located in Northwest Iowa, however, Morningside was in a bigger city with an actual shopping mall. Morningside also offered me better financial aid than Dordt. On paper Morningside looked like a better college.

The key factor was how each felt when I visited their campus. When I visited, I felt more at home at Dordt, then at Morningside. I ended up choosing Dordt over Morningside, which went against all rational and all of what society told me I should do. That decision then was hard, but God has shown me that this is where he wants me, and he has ever increased my love for Dordt.

I know this post is short, but there needed to be some set up for the posts to come. That I also want to make sure that if you didn't read my post from Wednesday that you do for it will help understand what I am talking about the next couple of posts.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the opportunity at to learn at Dordt, and that I get to study here for one more semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment