Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Changes

So as many of you might see when you first click on my blog, that a couple of things have changed. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I want to change the idea behind my blog. When I started this back in tenth grade, I made it a place where I talked about God and tried to teach something about Christianity. However, that became hard to keep up, and it is why there has been a scarce number of posts for a while. Now I am hoping to open it up to talk about my story and events that have happened to me and show how God is working in my life. It is kind of going to be like an online diary. I am also going to make it a goal to post more pictures and videos.

This past week I was at my family reunion. One thing that I learned is that you don’t need a unique family history to make you unique. A lot of the people I go to college with have had their family move to America in the past two or three generations. My most recent family members are from Kansas, so it is not as exciting story to tell as those who have grandparents who can tell stories about moving to America. The thing is hanging with my family and listening to their stories, they are just as exciting but in their own way. There are stories of my dad living in tents growing up, to my parents working on the bridge over the summer, to trips I told to see my grandparents when I was young. And it is in those stories that I come from and that is what makes me unique. So my family history doesn’t have to be like someone else, because God made this unique family history just for me. And he did for all of us. 

So take time to sit down and listen to your family stories and see just what kind of family you come from.  

No comments:

Post a Comment