Saturday, June 11, 2016

Siblings Day

This week was National Siblings Day. I love my weird younger brother and I don't know where I would be with out him. Many people have siblings and they can either be your friend or your enemy. Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." A different version of the Bible says, "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." God puts certain people in your life not to be enemies but to be a friend and help you grow. It can be great to have a sibling as a friend. They know what is going on at home. Also, because siblings normally live in the same home, you don't need an invite to come hang with them. My brother and I are friends. We love to hang out in our basement, and we generally love the same shows on T.V. We each help each other with our homework. Of course we fight, but fights can happen between anyone. When siblings work together, they can do some amazing things.
Siblings can be a friend and help build each other up, or they can be enemies and cause problems to the whole family. If you have a sibling who is your enemy, it is never to late to make them your friend.


Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for my sibling. I pray that we can work together to glorify your kingdom. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment