Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mistakes

Now it is a common fact of life that we all make mistakes. But our mistakes don't define us. What define us is how we handle our mistakes. You can either make a big deal about it or completely forget about it, or you can learn from them and move on. Mistakes can come in any sizes. But from every mistake there is a lesson you can learn, no matter how small the mistake is. For example, I had a little mishap with frozen yogurt. I was in New York with my school, to compete at Carnegie Hall. My friends and I had some free time, and since I haven't had frozen yogurt before, they made it their mission for me to have some before we left New York. So we walked to the closest frozen yogurt shop, and as soon as we were inside they left to get their yogurt, and left me to fend for myself. They didn't tell me about how you pay by the ounce, so I got a little carried away with my yogurt and toppings. At the end, I ended up paying about 12 dollars for frozen yogurt. That day I learned many lessons.
1) You don't need to fill the bowl all the way to the top.
2) Everything is more expensive in New York.
3) Make sure your friends tell you everything about where you are going before you go.
4) Make sure you know the price of what you are spending before you pay with your own money.

Now, this was a little mistake, but there was still lessons I can learn from it. Everyone of us is growing and learning everyday, and a way we grow is by learning from our mistakes. So please learn from your mistakes to help you grow and not make the same mistakes again. If you can learn from others mistakes, then that can prevent you from making the same mistakes especially if you can learn before you can ruin your life. So next time you make a mistake, take time to learn something from it.

P.S. My $12.00 frozen yogurt was really good and took me two hours to eat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment