Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Giving Up Our Worries

Many teenagers worry about how they look, test that are coming up, and dating. But what if I tell you that you can let go of all your worries. When you lay down your worries at the feet of Jesus, then He will take care of them. To show you an example, let's take my tenth grade personal project.
I attend an IB high school. (IB = International Baccalaureate, includes Middle Years Program for ninth and tenth graders, and Diploma Program for eleventh and twelfth graders.) This is a high school course that some high schools around the world offer and it helps give college credits. For tenth graders, or the last year of the MYP program, there is a Personal Project. This is where we get to choose our topic, do research, create a product, and present the project to a panel of judges. At the end there is a completion ceremony. Last year, when I was a freshman, I went to the completion ceremony to get some project ideas. The only thing I remember was that some of the tenth graders gave speeches about their projects. I thought it was cool have some of the students speak, and I wanted to do it for my completion ceremony. The problem was that I didn't know how they were chosen. I remember praying to God about how I so wanted to get up there and present. Then this year I went to work on my project. I had the completion ceremony in the back of my mind but I didn't worry about it, because God will have me present if it was His will for me. The next thing I know, I got a amazing grade on my project, and a letter saying that I was presenting at the completion ceremony. I was surprised and I could not stop thanking God for giving me the opportunity to present my project. I put my worries on Him and I trusted him, and He showed me His will for my life. That night I went up to speak, and I had confidence in myself. I spoke clearly enough so people could hear me, and I didn't stumble with my words. Also, I didn't fall on my face on stage, which is always a plus.
This is just one example of giving your worries to God. If you give your worries about dating to God, He will show you who to date. Give your worries about a test to God, He will give you confidence in yourself on the test. Last, if you give your worries on how you look to God, He will show the beauty within, and He will show you how He sees you. Just trust God and give all your worries to Him and he will take care of them for you. So what worries can you give up today, and give to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment