Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Already There

So this weekend I was watching "The Bible" with my family. We were on vacation, and catching up on work so we haven't seen it in a while. We watched where Jesus was born, and him calling his first disciples. There was a scene where Jesus and his family walked to Galilee and saw people who were crucified. Mary did her best to hide Jesus's eyes from it all. I was sitting in my chair thinking how Jesus was going to be a cross one day. I was thinking of all that Jesus would have to go through that he didn't completely know or understand. Mary and Joshep didn't have the slightest idea of what Jesus would go through at all too.

Afterwards, I got ready for bed and I started thinking. God is like that in our lives. He knows everything we will do that we don't have a slightest idea of yet. This reminded me of a song by Casting Crowns, "Already There". They talk about how God is already at the end of our life and he knows our every step, our every breath, and our every thought. My favorite line from the song is "One day I'll stand before you, and look back at the life I've lived. I can't wait to enjoy the view and see how all the pieces fit." I imagine looking back on my life and seeing how all of the troubles I have went through have fit together. This is important to remember after what happened in Boston on Monday. None would have thought that there would be bombs there, but God did. Even though He knew about it, but didn't stop it, was because He gave us the power of free will, and not made us act as robots. Adam and Eve used their free will poorly and sinned, which brings destruction, and darkness, and bombs. But God is still there though it all, and He knows all the things you will do to recover and move past this. Remember, one day we will be able to stand with him and see how all the pieces fit.

Here is the song by Casting Crowns, and as you listen to it take comfort in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtg9axTtNLg

Sources:
Crowns, Casting. "Casting Crowns - Already There (Official Lyric Video)." YouTube. CastingCrowns, 10 Jan. 2013. Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment