Wednesday, March 6, 2013

God Plan vs. Your Plan

Just like me, I think a lot of teenagers have wanted something and the only way to achieve what they wanted was through steps:  A, B, and C.  When we don't follow the steps in order, resulting in it appearing we will not achieving what we wanted, we get mad.  I believe you are trying to control what God does in your life.  You might say, how can He only do this or that in your life when really, He  just has a different plan for you.  For example, I thought the only way for me to go to New York with my school was to turn in my forms by the deadline.  When my parents said I couldn't go, I was crushed.  I thought it was then too late and there was no other way to get in.  A few months later, after discussing it for a while, my parents decided to let me go and turned in the paperwork.  Now I'm going to New York!  Of course, the process didn't happen the way I wanted it to, but I got the same results in the end.  God will work in ways that we can't imagine or understand.

Another example of things working out differently than you think they will often happens to me when I listen to the radio station, K-Love.  When I'm down, I know I can turn on K-Love and the right song will be on to lift my spirits.  But the song that I want to hear being played may not necessarily be the one I wanted to hear.  It is usually a different song that I forgot or a new song I don't know, yet the result is the same.  And every time it seems like the song that is playing lifts my spirits more then the song in my head.  This goes to show you that God knows you better then you know yourself.  He knows what you need and when the time is right He will deliver them to you. You just have to trust in His plan, and not think that you  know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment