Saturday, March 23, 2013

Abortion

Abortion is a major topic in today's society, especially since the recent presidential election.  I just want to explain my view on it and I hope doing so might change your opinion if we disagree.

We have all heard about how Justin Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, was going to abort Justin but in the end, obviously, she didn't.  Now he is known all over the world for his ability to sing and perform and followed by many teenage girls.  I hear conversations at school that are like this:  "If I don't have an abortion, then my child will be famous."  Well, of course you can't know that.  Most people just see Justin's fame over his story.  But abortion is about not having another human in this world.  Just think about what life would be like without Justin.  For one, I might actually study more, instead of watching his videos on YouTube. :)  And many teenage girls could agree.  But really, think about how your life would be different, if he wasn't born.  To give you another example, think of your best friend.  How would life be different if your best friend wasn't born?  I know my life would be different.  Now would you really want to not give someone else a chance of have a best friend?

Also abortion is the taking of a life.  Though this is debated in the media and politics, as soon as you have a fertilized egg, you have life.  One of the Ten Commandments is, "Thou shall not kill."  If you have an abortion, then not only are you taking a life, but you are disobeying one of the Ten Commandments.  Sure if you are a single mom, it will be hard, but it will be worth it.  Hopefully, you will have the support of family and friends but you will always have the support of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment