Saturday, May 27, 2017

Grand Parents Visit

So my grandparents came by the last week and visited us for my brother's graduation. It is always a joy seeing them and getting to hang out with them and talk with them. One thing that I learned from my grandma is that it is okay to make mistakes because that is how we learn. She repeated that line every time one of us made a mistake or told a story of a time where we made a mistake. And I believe that is a good way of looking at our mistakes.

For example, we started to put together my first desktop while they were here. Long story short, we have already switched out my motherboard for a new one, and it looks like we will have to buy a new motherboard again. Sure that can be frustrating, but if you look at it the way grandma, then it is a good learning opportunity. Especially for me because I have a very limited knowledge of how a computer works, it is a good way to learn.

So when we go out and try new things it is okay to make mistakes because that is the only way we can learn. So go out there and try new things and make mistakes so you can learn and grow.

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for allowing us to make our mistakes so we can grow. I pray that we are not afraid of making mistakes, and that we make all the mistakes that we can. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment