Saturday, February 4, 2017

I Actually Have Friends

Last night was the Dordt Talent Show. It was a blast and me and my friends had a great time together. In comparison to last year, I have came so far with having friends. I remember I didn't even go to the talent show last year, and I often spent my Friday nights alone in my room most likely watching YouTube. Just this semester alone I have seen more movies with my friends than I have my entire freshman year.

It is interesting to look back and see how alone I felt, and how God has put people in my life that I can have fun with and we get along really well. Just at dinner last night we were laughing so hard because we have this warped idea of what is fun is that I don't think I could explain if I had too.

It is amazing how God has engineered each one of to be friends with certain people, and he then places friend sin out life that will help us grow closer to him, and grow as a person. It is amazing how we each have our friend group, even if it takes some time to find. In God's whole scheme of things, he wants what is best for you, and that includes giving you the best possible friends for you. They may not be what you imagine, like being friends with the popular kids, but he will give you friends that you need. It is important to cherish them and enjoy your time you have with them.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the friends you have placed in my life. Help me to be the friend that they need, and thank you for the friend they are to me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Did you write this blog this morning in a hurry? It's a great blog but the last paragraph needs to be looked at. Not sure what "then he places friend sin" means. Re-read whole paragraph and correct. I would give you an A plus for the blog getting done and the content but a B plus for not re-reading what you write before publishing. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete